Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Age - It's All a Matter of Perspective!

I find it interesting to observe older people and their strong character dispositions. There are those who are like a warm sunbeam, faces glowing and pleasant to be around, and some who are still young at heart and have not lost their wonderful sense of humor - they are usually still full of life and vigor. And then, sad, but true, there are those that are perpetually negative and grumpy. We get all kinds that come thru at the nursery. It can be either a real joy, and even great fun to help them pick out their plants, or a real headache!! Anyway, it makes me really think of the person I am now, cause it's been said that whatever your character disposition is now, it will be so much more that way when you are old!! I would hope that I'd be the fun type that hasn't lost my sense of humor or joy in living!!

True, life can throw some pretty hard curve balls our way, but let's not be defeated with discouragement, bitterness or depression. Our God knows all we face and is able to supply the grace to face each trial and still find joy in each day. And no, I'm not saying we should walk around with our heads in the clouds, but neither should we bury them in the sand!! So if we can't stop growing old, lets at least determine to stay young at heart!

Life is 10% what you make it and 90% how you take it.

Most people say that as you get old, you have to give up things. I think you get old because you give up things.

- Theodore Francis Green

You don't stop laughing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop laughing.

- Michael Pritchard

When people tell you how young you look, they are really telling you how old you are. (Does that mean I'm eighteen?!!)

- Cary Grant

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

- John Barrymore

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

- George Bernard Shaw

Age is a matter of mind. If you don't mind, it don't matter.

- Leroy Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. I always enjoy hearing from my readers.
~Jen