- Even if others wrong her, she turns it over to God and doesn't seek revenge. Self is the last thing on her mind. God's love gives her patience.
- She believes that jealousy is disastrous, and that all are made wonderfully by God ~ including herself.
- She desires the best for others, and never brags or takes credit for abilities or gifts. Her greatness is revealed in what she doesn't say. (she is humble)
- She is not arrogant or intellectually puffed up. She believes that that our opinions should be from the Word of God. (genuine humility)
- She is never boorish, inattentive, rude, inconsiderate. She says things the right way at the right time ~ always. (temperance)
- She doesn't grasp for her own rights.
- She doesn't become irritated or touchy. She never loses her temper.
- She is never vindictive or retaliatory. She never keeps a record of wrongs.
- She doesn't delight in exposing others' weaknesses.
- She's not gullible, but charitable.
- She's always active, never passive.
- She never views failure as final, because God is pruning us for the future.
- She knows that she can't be conquered by evil because she lives in Christ.
- She has a calming presence in all circumstances, not leaving a trail of tension.
- She is gentle and kind.
- She counts on God in every situation.
- She is committed to doing what is good.
- She approaches discipline and conflicts with gentleness and God's Word.
- She is not thrown by the remarks of others, but seeks only God's praise.
- Her face reflects Love, Joy, and Hope; and her whole being shines with the truth that our future is with Jesus.
- Her character and high standards are above reproach ~ she has God's standards.
- Others can see Jesus in her eyes.
Such a picture of true godliness inspires me! I've had this list for years, and just reading over it again reveals to me how full of self and sin I am. How I long to be as described above, and yet how miserably short I fall of it! In the flesh, I am weak and such a life is impossible. I am in daily, moment by moment need of Christ's help. How desperately I need His spirit dwelling in me. Without Him, I am nothing and in the moment of trial I break - my patience wears thin, I say something I wish I hadn't, and I hurt those I love. Yes, my family can testify that I am not always sweet. I can be sour and plain hard to live with at times. (Just ask them) It is so true that it is only by abiding in Him and and being renewed day by day thru quiet time and prayer that He is able to live in and thru us. We can't give what we don't have and so we must be connected to the Source of all that is good, pure, and lovely in order for goodness, pureness and loveliness to flow from our lives and to be all that God desires us to be.
I'm so thankful that some days come to a close and we can wake up to a fresh start and renewed strength in the Lord!
Abide in Me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye are the branches. He that abideth in Me and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing. John15:4-5