Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

The Weight of the Cross

The crowd pressed in to see this Man
Who stood condemned to die,
A Man they once proclaimed as King,
They now would crucify.
They laid a cross upon His back,
And pushed Him up the road.
The path would lead to Calvary,
He fell beneath the load.
And as I watched I understood
The burden that He bore
Was more than just a heavy tree;
The weight was so much more.

Chorus:
The weight of the cross was the weight of my sin,
Not the weight of the tree that was carried by Him.
My guilt and disgrace Jesus bore in my place.
On Calvary's road, 'neath he weight of the cross.

His face was scarred, His body bruised,
His head was crowned with thorns.
The crowd now jeered and cursed His name the object of their scorn.
He never spoke a word to them the silent Lamb of God.
This Man of sorrow bore the cross; He chose to carry on.
But somehow in His eyes I saw a love beyond the pain.
As if He knew His sacrifice would be my gain.

Chorus

On which the Prince of Glory died.

- Christopher Machen

4 comments:

  1. He took my sins and my sorrows, he made them his very own.
    He bore the burben to Calvary and suffered and died alone.
    Oh how marvelous is the saviours love for you and me !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.. If you have a complete piece for this song.. kingly send it to my email please. its j8q0016@gmail.com.. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, but this is all have to the song.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments. I always enjoy hearing from my readers.
~Jen