Been thinking of the phrase in the song I posted the other day, "The goodness that's surrounding me from the heart of God so kind." I started thinking of all the things God has blessed me with, and how I so often take those things for granted. I was then inspired to make a list in my journal of several things I am truly blessed with:
• God's love for me, His redeeming power and the blood that cleanses me from all sin.
• Not only saved, but also adopted; a daughter of the King of kings. I can call out, Abba, Father!
• He has given me all things that pertain unto life and godliness.
• He sustains my very life, my every heartbeat.
• I am richly blessed with loving family, godly parents, and siblings that make the bestest of friends.
• I have been given a goodly heritage; parents who chose to take the less traveled road, follow after holiness, and strove to give us a Godly upbringing.
• I'm blessed with the best dad ever! Blessed to have a dad that prays for me, that understands me, that loves me, that protects me, and that desires the very best for me.
• I'm blessed with the dearest mom! Blessed to have a mom that also loves me and prays for me. Blessed to have a mom that sacrificed her job to come home to be with us children, who gave her time to homeschooling, and also desires the best for us.
• I am richly blessed with friends who accept me for who I am with all my quirks and flaws. :) Blessed with friends with whom to share a laugh, bear each other's burdens, inspire, encourage, hold one another in prayer, and walk together in the narrow way.
• I am blessed to have the Word of God in my own language and freedom to carry it, read it, and study it when so many are without.
• I have been blessed to sit under sound, biblical teaching. Teaching that calls me to pursue radical Christianity in today's world.
• I am blessed with good health.
• I have never known hunger.
• I am surrounded with the beauty of nature and the handiwork of my Creator.
I AM TRULY BLESSED!!!