Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Content to Wait



Content to linger, content to rest -

content to wait for Your very best.

And though it seems You tarry long,

In the night You give a song

And whisper, "Wait, be still."


Content to linger, content to stay

Content to wait for Your perfect way.

Knowing You are in conrol,

I rest the keeping of my soul

Upon Your loving will.


-AMP

..for they shall not be ashamed that wait for Me.
Isaiah 49:23

What rest, what peace there is in surrendering our way and will to our all-knowing, wise and loving Father. What assurance there is in knowing that He truly cares for His own and will not subject us to unnecessary pain or waiting. The path He chooses is for good, and so we are able to rest in His leading, be it slow, or perhaps a path we might not necessarily have chosen for ourselves, but as Mrs. Charles Spurgeon once said, "It is a mercy that our lives are not left for us to plan, but that our Father chooses for us; else we might sometimes turn away from our best blessings, and put away from us the choicest and loveliest gifts of His providence."

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jenna! This was somewhat along the lines of my own ponderings today. I was feeling a little disturbed at the 'slowness' of God in moving the hearts of some of my loved ones. Then He showed me this verse: "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Pet. 3:9.
    And my heart rests in full confidence that God moves not in time and speed as we do and think He should. He moves in mysterious ways...
    If we don't get to see some of our righteous dreams realized in our lifetime, we can rest assured that it was for our good. He is wise and knows all things. We do not know all things and so I was reminded again to trust in the Lord and lean not on my own understanding.
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Love you,
    Cia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I always enjoy hearing from my readers.
~Jen