Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tuesday Tonic

A Lighter Look at Life

An elderly couple was sitting out on the porch enjoying a lovely evening, when the man said to his wife, "I think I'm going to go in and get a big dish of ice cream. Would you like one, too?"
"Yes I would, but I'd like only one scoop, and I'd like chocolate syrup on it. You better write that down, because you know how forgetful you are."
"I don't need to write it down. I've got it. One scoop and chocolate syrup. "
"Yes. And put some nuts on it, too. Can you remember that?"
"Of course I can remember that - one scoop, chocolate syrup and nuts."
"And put a cherry on top of that. Now, can you remember all that - you know how forgetful you're getting!"
I've got it, Martha! I've got it!"
For the next ten minutes, she heard him rummaging around the kitchen, banging pots and pans and whatnot. Finally he showed up with two plates of scrambled eggs and bacon.
"See, what did I tell you?" she said, throwing up her hands. "You didn't write it down, and now you forgot the toast!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. I always enjoy hearing from my readers.
~Jen