Here are some things to consider when any two people communicate. There is:
• What you wanted to say
• What you meant to say
• What you said
• What you think you said
• What the other person heard you say
• What the other person thinks he heard you say
• What the other person thinks you meant to say
• What the other person feels about what you said
• What the other person says about what you said
Is it any wonder misunderstanding happens?
The worst distance between two people is misunderstanding.
Let's not allow misunderstanding to get in the way of our relationships by choosing our words carefully, listening intently, and using discretion in all we say!
He that hath knowledge spareth his words: and a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit. Proverbs17:27