Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Home Hearth



                         Easy Chicken Parmesan

One of my goals this year is to expand my recipe collection, so last night I pulled chicken out of the freezer and then got out my phone and checked out Pinterest for chicken recipes. Within moments I pulled up this chicken parmesan and made it for dinner. I was quite pleased that it turned out much like the parmesan chicken I've had elsewhere. Just add some garlic bread to your menu and you'll have yourself a tasty meal!

4 chicken breasts, pounded flat if you like
Bread crumbs – You can buy them, or make them by toasting bread in the oven. Run the toasted bread through a food processor along with seasonings of your choice.
1 can or jar of tomato-based pasta sauce
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Grated parmesan cheese
1 egg, scrambled with a couple of tablespoons of milk
A few tablespoons of vegetable oil

Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Heat oil in a skillet
Dip chicken breasts in egg and milk mixture, then roll in bread crumbs
Fry breaded chicken in oil until golden on both sides (chicken won’t be cooked all the way through, but don’t worry)
Place chicken breasts in casserole dish and pour tomato sauce over the top of them.
Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses
Bake until chicken is cooked through and cheeses are brown and bubbly (usually around 40 minutes or so).
Use a spoon to remove any excess fat that may have collected
Serve over spaghetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. I always enjoy hearing from my readers.
~Jen