Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

Ponderings

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in my house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 
Malachi 3:10


Have I brought all the tithes into the storehouse? Not just of the profits I earn in the day, but what about the tithes of my heart? My love, my joy, my hopes, my ambitions, my dreams, my reputation, all that I desire and hope for? Have I given them over to God? He's not looking for just our silver and gold; He's looking for the deep part of who we are, the passion that drives us and the heart to trust Him unreservedly. What a challenge to my heart to trust Him, to try Him, to open my hands and let Him have all that I have clasped onto, the things that are near and dear to my heart. To let Him have His way in my life.

It's a journey of faith and it might mean laying aside my own logic and reasoning, and simply believing His way to be much richer and better than my own. All I can do is trust and obey as He leads each step of the way.

Is there a "tithe" He is asking of you? Have you brought everything into His storehouse? Do you know that He wants to bless? He wants to pour out a blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it! But we must be emptied, emptied of ourselves, of all that we have. Emptied of our pride and reputation. Emptied of all our own endeavors. Emptied of this world's delights and amusements. He wants to be our all in all. And when he receives all the tithes, just wait and see the blessing He's promised to pour out!
God is good! And He has good things in store for those who trust Him!


"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."   Isaiah 55:8-9


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. I always enjoy hearing from my readers.
~Jen